Today most protests as part of the "Education is NOT for $A£€ - Global Week of Action" are expected worldwide. It also coincides with the "International Students' Day"!
All groups are asked to list their reports (incl. videos and pictures) of protests today inside here or send them directly to united.for.education[at]gmail.com!
Announced actions in advance for today (as far as I know):
- Germany: protests across Germany called for by close to 100 local alliances: bildungsstreik.net
- U.S. of A. (San Fancisco): rally and sit-in at the San Francisco State University
- Sierra Leone (Freetown): demonstration against tuition fees called for by the National Youth Coalition Student Assembly (NYCSA - SL)
- France: pupils across France are mobilising for protests against a reform, that aims to establish a "two-class" public education system. Demonstrations are expected in at least 26 cities. Close to 3,000 high-schools are involved: frontdeluttepourleducation.fr
- Republic of Macedonia (Skopje): Flashmobs and open discussion on the necessity of free and emancipatory public education: Sloboden Indeks (Free Index)
- Switzerland: various protests - among which are also demonstrations - are being arranged in Bern, Basel, Geneva and Zürich: unsereuni.ch
- Italy: Demonstrations in more than 50 cities across the country called for by the Unione degli Studenti (UdS)
- Austria: Day of Action across Austria - rallies, flashmobs, public discussions: unsereuni.at
- Hungary: Rally in front of the Austrian embassy in Budapest
- Indonesia: Demonstrations are to take place in Yogyakarta, Makassar and Palu (Sulawesi), Samarindo (Borneo), Temate (Maluku) and Mandura: lmnd-prm.blogspot.com
- Bangladesh (Dhaka): Opening of gallery on campus of Jagannah University displaying pictures of student protests from around the world.
An "overview" of further planned actions as part of the week of action can be viewed here.